LAG Industries now offers fence installation
Skid steer grading and clearing
Hot Dip Galvanizing
All Products Available in Hot dipped galvanized
· Viewed as a Cadillac system because of its maintenance-free longevity.
· Hot-dip galvanizing is a total immersion process, meaning the steel is fully submerged into cleaning solutions and the molten zinc coating all interior and exterior surfaces. the coating is naturally as thick on corners and edges as flat surfaces – providing uniform protection.
· This complete coverage ensures even the insides of hollow and tubular structures and the threads of fasteners are coated.
· The reaction in the kettle between the zinc and the iron in the steel is unique, and results in the coating becoming part of the steel rather than a surface element.
· As corrosion tends to occur at an increased rate on the inside of hollow structures where humidity and condensation occur, interior coverage is very beneficial. Hollow structures that are painted have no corrosion protection on the inside. Fully coating fasteners is equally important as they are utilized at connection points which are critical to structural integrity.
It is important to understand not all zinc coatings are created equal; thus, applying any of the information provided about hot-dip galvanizing to other zinc coatings is not accurate or recommended.
Hot-dip galvanizing (HDG) is often used to protect steel from corrosion in some of the harshest environments imaginable, yet it provides maintenance-free longevity for decades. The corrosion resistance of hot-dip galvanizing varies according to its surroundings, but generally corrodes at a rate of 1/30 of bare steel in the same environment.
These are the reasons and facts behind why LAG Industries uses hot dipped galvanizing for all of their livestock equipment and products over traditional paints and coatings